Bataan health officer: measles cases mere suspected

Bataan health officer: measles cases mere suspected

Bataan health officer: measles cases mere suspected

237
0

BALANGA CITY, Bataan – The provincial health office of Bataan on Thursday said the alleged 38 cases of measles are yet to be declared as such after a confirmation report from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine.
Dr. Rosanna Buccahan, provincial health officer, would not confirm whether or not the 38 cases reported to her office are measles. But she confirmed the death of a 5-year old baby boy in Mariveles town last January 19.
“It is the RITM that will confirm if those were cases of measles that hit 38 patients in Bataan’s different towns,” Buccahan said. Most of those affected were the towns of Orani and Dinalupihan towns.
Last year, about 73 cases of measles were reported in the province, the health office report said.

Facebook Comments