CAPITOL COMPOUND – In his message during this morning’s flag raising ceremony led by the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO), Governor Abet S. Garcia highlighted the following:
1. One Stop Shop for Social Services, to cater to individuals and families in crisis situations, to be housed at the Bulwagan ng Bayan together with other agencies such as Philhealth, PCSO.
2. He emphasized that the One Stop Shop for business, under one roof, under one system to facilitate business transactions is the first in the Philippines and therefore has never been done before.
3. With the impending arrival of the Royal Caribbean Cruise in Subic, our province will be catering to foreign tourists for the ship carries at least 5 thousand tourists and 2 thousand staff. This will boost our tourism especially in the Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar and Mt. Samat areas in Bagac and Pilar, respectively.
4. Now that the 1Bataan Integrated Transport System has officially started its ferry boat trips, travel time from Manila to Bataan (approximately 3hrs – one way) and vice versa has been shortened to less than an hour (one way). More business process outsourcing companies/call centers are eyeing Bataan as a viable location.
5. The launching of the 1Bataan Resiliency Initiative over the weekend is another milestone for the province, being the first and only province in the country to partner with the National Resiliency Council, a global best practice, composed of the UN, scientific communities to name a few aimed at equipping the people the technical logistics to be prepared for calamities, to achieve zero casualty.
The hardworking governor underscored that these initiatives are all contributory to the achievement of our vision, that by 2020, Bataan will have the lowest poverty incidence resulting from quality growth attaining top level human development index in the Philippines.